Mini superdrug haul

On
Monday 15 February 2016
On Friday I went into superdrug and picked up a few items I have been wanting to try. I hadn't heard much about the Superdrug pore cleansing pads, but they looked similar to the Clearasil ultra rapid action pads and I knew that these worked with my skin. Now you only get 40 pads in the tub which is less comapired to the 65 you get in the Clearasil but the price of the Superdrug pads are much better £2.69- although the Clearasil pads are on offer at the moment for £3.59, but they're normally £5.39. This means you can buy two lots of the Superdrug pads for the same price as one Clearasil pads. Superdrug are having a buy one get a second half price at the moment with skincare, which is an even better bargain as you're able to get two of those pads for roughly £4.03, which is still a lot cheaper than two of the Clearasil pads. 

I have noticed one difference between these pads, and that is that the Clearasil pads are more exfoliating but so far I have found that the Superdrug pads work much quicker. These pads are designed to help reduce the appearance of spots in 4 hours and deep clean pores. I have only been using these since Friday night, but I can already see a difference in my nose and the spots I have on my chin, and cheek. The spot on my cheek was rather big and painful, but after I had used the pad at night and again in the morning, I noticed a massive difference. It wasn't as big or as red as it had been the day before, and I noticed that throughout the day it kept going down. I am really liking these pads so far and I will keep you all posted on how well they work over the new 2 weeks.

I also picked up the Collection pore minimiser primer. This primer gives a matte finish so you can wear it alone or under makeup. It contains Witch Hazel to help keep skin clear as it has natural anti-blemish properties. I've tried many primers which claim to minimise the look of pores, but I haven't loved the ones I've tried. I found the Benefit porefessional to be too sticky on my face, and the Maybelline babyskin left a greasy feeling, but this primer hasn't left my face feeling sticky or greasy and makes my face completely matte. I haven't worn it for a full day yet, so I'm unsure on the results but I went to Bluewater on Saturday afternoon and it seemed to hold up during the time I was there and then I went to the cinema later on in the evening and I noticed I was starting to get oily then. I have used it today under my foundation and I'm going to see how long it lasts today and keep you updated on Instagram- saralouisehxo. I did my regular skincare routine this morning and then applied this primer before applying my foundation. So far I am really liking this primer.

I picked up another Collection item as I was really drawn to the colour. The lock n hold lip gloss in the shade beatbox is a very pretty colour. It is a 'your lips but better' colour and applies smoothly on the lips. I haven't worn it for 6 hours, but it claims to last 6 hours. During the time I was wearing it, I did have something to eat and the lip gloss did come off, but thats bound to happen unless you're wearing a matte lipstick or liquid lipstick ( I was cheeky and brought one of the new MAC liquid lipsticks- I'll do a post on highend products soon). On the Superdrug website it claims to be a non-sticky formular, but I found it to be sticky when I applied it and having long hair in the wind wearing this lipgloss did not end well! It was easy to apply and felt comfortable on my lips apart from feeling a little sticky after applying. I will test this lipgloss out and see how long it lasts, then let you all know on Instagram.


If you have any suggestions of any drugstore or highend products you'd like me to try, leave a comment and I'll test it out for you guys!

Xoxo

Instagram- saralouisehxo
Twitter- saralouisehxo
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9